Monday, February 23, 2004

I got back to school last night safely, and though I probably should be studying for my History exam this afternoon, I wanted to quickly post something on the weekend.


I had a wonderful time. Not only did I develop in my thinking and speaking skills, I got to know our team better and met some neat people from other colleges. PHC dominated the tournament, of course, winning first place awards in every category possible. Dan and I had a good first tournament. As of Friday night, we were undefeated, but lost Saturday morning ending up with a 4-2 record. We made it to out rounds, but were matched with a superior team from PHC. So we were eliminated by coach's decision. Our speaker points were good - I won the ninth place speaker award and Dan won tenth. Overall, we learned a lot and are looking forward to the next one. Now, back to studying...

3 comments:

PazGL said...

sounds like an enjoyable time..what is PHC transfer policy..do you know?

tpaulshippy said...

I'm not sure. You'll have to ask the admissions department.

Mdumee said...

You did a great job, Paul! Hope you come back for Fall Semester debating... Congrats on breaking at your first tournament - not many can claim such a feat, and most of those who can turned out to be really good debaters : )In Christ,Matthew du Mee