Monday, March 01, 2004

My weekend has been very interesting. Friday night, I joined an emotional prayer meeting with my close friends and was very blessed by God's Word. Saturday, the weather started getting really nice, so I took a nap and read outside on the grass.


Saturday night, I got a random instant message from a girl in NY who didn't even know where she got my screenname. I ended up sharing the gospel with her and she was very receptive. It sounds unbelievable; I still don't quite believe it myself. I'm praying that God would continue to work in her heart.


Yesterday afternoon, after church, I stayed outside as much as possible because the weather was BEAUTIFUL. There was supposed to be a surprise party for Judith at 4, but three guys took her on a walk at 3:30 and went so far that they didn't get back until 4:30. Though everyone was pretty upset at the guys, the party turned out well anyway. After AWANA, I came back to campus and found out that there were plans to bobtize the three guys who had ruined the surprise party. Two of them did end up getting thrown in Lake Bob, an action that I did not support.


I've had a good day today. This week isn't as busy as next week will be (midterms), although we just got loaded with new stuff in Latin this morning. I am enjoying reading The Aeneid for Western Lit.


I am looking forward to 1. seeing The Passion as soon as I can, and 2. spring break, which is in less than two weeks.

4 comments:

PazGL said...

Ah...don't look at me buddie..i didn't do it..the Lord did.just out of curiosty..are you going to staff wva again?keep smiling...and serving the Lord paz

Anonymous said...

"Bobtizing." That is quite simply the most awesome little phrase I have heard in a long time. We need more cleverness out here in L.A. Thankfully we have a few fun little traditions like that here at USC... the marching band makes its new freshman members go on a march late at night at the beginning of the year, in which they have to march through every fountain on campus. Still... bobtizing definitely has us beat. Good to see you're doing well.-Chris

tpaulshippy said...

Yes, I would like to staff WVA at least as much as I did last year. That reminds me, I need to send in my application... :)Hey Chris! It's good to hear from you! Yes, Bobtisms are a clever tradition. However I'm pretty opposed to them in general because I don't want it done to me. Usually it's only done when a guy gets engaged, but has often been a means of punishment used by students enthusiastic about tradition here. Anyways, thanks for visiting and commenting.

tpaulshippy said...

Well, I won't be staffing WVA, they already have everyone they need. Oh well. I'll just be working all summer then.