Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I'm steamed. There are people on this campus who are on a mission to pressure people to become attached romantically with people of the opposite sex. Specifically, a number of students are planning a Valentine's Day party this weekend and giving people who come as "couples" a major financial discount. This would be OK, if they announced it once and then let it go. I was fine with it after hearing about it twice yesterday evening. But, starting in chapel this morning and continuing all day long until dinner this evening, I have been pressured to attend this event where pairing up is strongly encouraged. To be frank, this is a phenomenon I had hoped to avoid when attending PHC. I am assured by the fact that my closest circle of friends here will not be attending this party and never pressure me in this way.


Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well. My Latin exam went very well and it was good to finally have math class this morning. We've missed six hours of the class because the last two Tuesday mornings, classes have been cancelled because of the weather. So, the professor is having to cut things and speed things up. But I think it will work out.


We are releasing the first episode of Hitman: Season Two this evening. It is a prequel that explains the background of the very first episode of the show. The best part is when the director (played by Jeremiah) meets with his brother (also played by Jeremiah) and you see both of them on the screen at the same time. It's an awesome effect.


Now, I need to study for the Rhetoric quiz tomorrow...and 24 is at 9!

5 comments:

discvrthepointe said...

hi, paul, i thinks that's ur name. (hehe) i'm a freshman at nova this year, but will be transferring to Radford Univ. next fall (can't wait!!!!!!). but anyways, I go to a sovereign grace church in ashburn called grace community church, and we have a lot of PHC kids there. Like do you know: torrrey moe, kirsten etherton, nathan poe, danial archer, judah kiley, randy long, or christy somerville? i don't actually know any of them, cept i've talked a little w/torrey and christy, but just wondered, cuz they take up a heck of a lot of chairs at church. lol. but yea, anyways. lata.

tpaulshippy said...

Yes, I know all of them. Thanks for visiting!

PazGL said...

Good to hear that you're doing great..except for the v-day thing. 24 was great last night, no? I'm teliing you Chase is no longer going to be with Kim. Have a great day,paz

KatherineS said...

Do you know Didi Nordyke, discvrthepointe? I think she goes to that church. Hey Paz!BTW, I was at TP NC '03, so it was rather strange to read about it in this random blog I clicked on. :D I also love PHC and want to do Campus and Home the year after next (Lord willing).Boy, the world keeps getting smaller and smaller...:D

tpaulshippy said...

Hi Katherine. I have met Didi, but not here in VA. She has attended Worldview Academy in AZ. PHC is a great school - I highly recommend it. :) But, you should know that the Campus and Home program has been discontinued. So the only way to earn a degree now is to go on campus. However, you can still take DL courses before going on campus and I recommend doing that for at least a semester or two. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my site!