Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What is my singular passion?


What has the power to affect my mood? In what do I seek the fulfillment of my needs? Where do I go for intimacy, acceptance, love, joy, peace, hope, and the feeling of satisfaction? What do I place my trust in? Is it a thought, an idea, a plan, or a dream? Is it myself? Is it someone else?


What should be my singular passion?


There is only one that ought to have power over my mood. One person that fulfills my needs. One obsession. One hope. One aim. It's not me. It's not any plans, dreams, or ideas. It's not any mere mortal. It is the one person who is worthy of my trust. The one whose steadfast love can sustain my joy. The one who is greater and higher than anything else and with me personally whenever I need him. When do I need him? Always. Now. What else do I need? Nothing. Who else can fulfill my needs? No one.

4 comments:

Rachel924 said...

Amen. :) It's hard to do sometimes, but it is truly the only thing that satisfies.

theBlackPrince said...

Isn't He amazing?

fairygirl8386 said...

hmh. I agree with Rachel. Sometimes the fight gets long and hard.

ladyancilla said...

Only sometimes the fight is long and hard?  I was thinking more like all the time...