Thursday, June 16, 2005

Two different people on two seperate nights this week have pointed me to two sections of James 4 for instruction. I'm thinking I need to meditate on that chapter for a while. The first was James 4:13-15.


"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit'— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.'"


This tells me that it's ok to make plans, as long as I'm trusting God and not the plans. It also means that plans are to be held somewhat loosely. The second was James 4:1-2.


"What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel."


This gives me insight on a struggle I've had with my attitude. When I expect certain things and then they don't happen, I can get frustrated. It really is like a war within me. I hope that God will continue to use His Word to convict and change my heart.

No comments: