Monday, June 20, 2005




GOD AND COUNTRY
New Yorker - New York,NY,USA
In the last days before the 2004 Presidential election, Patrick Henry College, in Purcellville, Virginia, excused all its students from classes, because so ...

The longest and most in-depth article on Patrick Henry College has just been published. Highlighting the lives of Elisa Muench and Matthew and Christy du Mée (wow, it's cool to say that now), the piece is interesting, mostly accurate, and pretty positive. There was one thing though: I had no idea that Lake Bob is now called "the fishbowl." :)

6 comments:

ladyancilla said...

It is?  News to me.....

rjsmith1120 said...

I believe that *campus* is the fishbowl, not Lake Bob

tpaulshippy said...

Hmmm, you are right RJ - the grammar is confusing, but that makes much more sense. Since when is the campus called "the fishbowl?" I've never heard that.

LadyAnneCordelia said...

I thought the same thing... fishbowl??  There was some other term they used, and I thought, where do they get this stuff??  Interesting article.  I guess I'm a piece of the 1/5.  It really wasn't overly critical like I expected it to be. I want to know when they're going to interview one of y'all though!

grunschkin said...

Hey Paul, how's it going? It's Tommy from Grace! I found your site via your web site. I am stationed in Georgia now. I am getting deployed to Qatar for three months starting in July. I should be visiting Arizona this Christmas. Hopefully you'll be in town too. Well, I'll talk to you later.

tim4christ17 said...

ya, that is a little weird...I thought that Lake Bob's nickname was, well, Lake Bob!