Monday, January 12, 2004

I'm back to school now. My break was relaxing, and as you can see by the date of my last post I didn't spend a lot of time online, which was good. The first week I spent recovering from tooth extraction while celebrating Christ's birth with my family. The second week I went to work at AOP. It was fun getting back into the code again. Last week I worked for three days and then played. On Thursday, Naomi, Julia, Paz and I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Dad drove us over early in the morning and we spent all day on extreme roller coasters. X was a thrill! We came back home that evening and then slept for a long time. Friday night we hosted a party and I got to see a lot of old and new friends. Saturday night Mom, Naomi, and I went to see Return of the King at the Cine Capri. It was a really big screen and I enjoyed it much more the second time.


I flew out of Phoenix at 6:30am yesterday morning and arrived at BWI around 3pm. Jeremiah drove us to school and I spent the evening unpacking and going over my schedule. I got my grades, finally, and I am very happy about most of them. This morning I bought my books, and just realized that I will need a calculator for my math class tomorrow. Ooops. I wonder if it needs to be graphing... I guess I better get started on reading all this literature I just bought.

3 comments:

Cabesa_Roja said...

hooray for six flags! me and a some friends are planning to go over there in june. i can't wait to do X! did you do the goliath? last time i was there it was closed, but it looked really cool!

tpaulshippy said...

Yes, we went on Goliath. Wow, what a drop! It was much better the second time, when I was prepared for it. It's definitely in my top 5. Have fun in June!

Anonymous said...

That first drop on X is really something, isn't it? I went over New Years and that first drop alone is insane. Me and my little brother stood in line an extra 20 minutes so we could go in the front seat... and it was completely worth it (on the first drop you look down and there's NOTHING in front of you). My shoes were literally flying off the whole time, I had to smash my feet together to keep them from sailing away on me!