Thursday, December 04, 2003

It's 28 degrees outside and supposed to snow in the next couple of days. Brrrrrr!


Yes, I am back and have been all week. I just haven't taken the time to post anything. My Thanksgiving break was great. I spent most of my time playing video games with Daniel, watching TV, and hanging out with Daniel's family. We went to a steakhouse for our big meal on Thursday and I had ravioli, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. I also took my first taste of wine - three sips - and it wasn't that appealing to me. It tasted like grape juice mixed with rubbing alcohol, I guess because that's sort of what it is. Anyway, dinner was good, except for the service at the restaurant. The poor waiter couldn't get the orders right and took forever to bring some of the meals. Oh well.


On Saturday, we took a train into New York City and walked around for a couple of hours. We walked down 34th Street, up Broadway, through Times Square, to Rockefeller Center. The tree was big, but the lights weren't on. The sidewalks were extremely crowded, so we had an interesting time getting through. Oh, we also went into the Toys R Us at Times Square which is three stories high and has an indoor ferris wheel! We had very good pizza as well. The weather was cold, but not unbearable.


I've been working on papers and getting through the second-to-last week of regular classes. Tuesday was my Theology presentation and my topic was the atonement. I tackled the controversial debate over the extent of the atonement and I think it went very well. Now my next hurdles are my Logic paper on Locke and my Research and Writing paper on Internet piracy.


My fingers are now more comfortable typing on a Dvorak keyboard layout than a QWERTY. It has slowed me down temporarily, but I'm confident that it will improve my speed in the long run.


Well, I better get to studying. I'm reading Alvin Plantinga this morning for Logic class. It should be interesting.

1 comment:

jmackenzie said...

I checked out the site for the Dvorak keyboard layout, and it said that it takes the average user 1 month to make to switch. Is it really worth all that time?"The old is better!"