Monday, August 18, 2003

It started on Thursday. My boss took our team out to lunch in honor of my leaving. I was hired that afternoon as a contractor to support our software online while at school. It is a great deal, and I'm very thankful that my relationship with AOP will continue. Friday afternoon the product development department hosted a party to thank me for my work and to say goodbye. They all bought me a PHC jacket, which will be very useful this winter, I'm sure.


Saturday morning I got a haircut. Then, in the afternoon, we went to my sister Kelley's house for my farewell party. A few of my friends, my siblings and their spouses, and my nieces and nephews spent the afternoon and evening swimming, talking, and eating together. It was an enjoyable and relaxing time.


Yesterday morning, I worked at the church library for the last time, at least for a while. At Family Bible Class, the fathers prayed for me, which was a great blessing. They also gave me the book The Purpose Driven Life, a book I've wanted to read for a while. Later that afternoon, I met with my discipleship group and they prayed for me as well. It's been a weekend of goodbyes.


This morning I went to the MVD and got my driver's license, finally. I had to take the written test, and the driving test. They had me parallel park...on the left side! It was a little different than I had practiced. But I passed. A little later, my mom and I went to a suit shop and I picked out a three-piece navy suit. Dad and mom bought it for me as a going-away/birthday present. It is a good and versatile suit.


Tomorrow is packing...

1 comment:

fiatluz said...

Yay! Paul's alive and well! We are eagerly awaiting updates!Luz and Socorro