Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I am sitting at my new desk, just hanging out before Chapel at 9:30. Yesterday was the first day of class. It started with my only 8 o-clock class in the week, Research & Writing. Like most of the classes on the first day, it was mostly introduction, but that is to be expected I suppose. We were given a short essay assignment and informed that we will be doing a research paper this semester. Chapel was at 10 and everyone dressed formally. Dr. Farris spoke on the Kingdom of God and how much of a priority it was to Christ. He sounded nearly amillenial for a bit, until he mentioned the physical kingdom that's to come. Next was Latin class at 11. Dr. Noe went over the syllabus and we started to practice some pronunciation. This will definately be one of my toughest classes, but challenges are good. Biology was next, another class I'm not looking forward to. However, Dr. Gruenke is a great professor. She seems very technologically minded because of all the material she has posted on the course website. Then I ate lunch, and it was Mexican! Yes! I called home after lunch and took a nap. At 3, I went to History of the US I with Dr. Snyder. It was very short because all we did was go over the syllabus briefly and then take an assessment test. I came back to my desk and studied Latin for a bit. Then we went to dinner. Oh, I want to mention that the cooks are very nice about having something for those of us who don't eat meat (I think there are 3 of us). Thus, the meals have been very good. Daniel and I took a walk after dinner and then I studied Latin until I went to bed around 10.


This morning I studied Biology after QT and Breakfast. I am really enjoying life here, and looking forward to Theology and Logic this afternoon. Now, off to Chapel...

5 comments:

EvilGeniusPhilosopher said...

glad to hear you're adjusting to college life.I moved into Hillsdale College over the weekend and our classes start tomorrow.

PazGL said...

Glad to see you're doing well!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. God Bless your efforts.

Cabesa_Roja said...

hey paul! good to hear you're enjoying yourself at PHC! this is such a wonderful opportunity for you - i'm so glad you get to go to school there!! i pray God blesses you greatly. have you seen marian braaksma at all since you've gotten there? ~A

tpaulshippy said...

Yes, I've seen Marian. We are in Latin class together. :)