Friday, August 22, 2003

I'm here! I just got my computer set up to get online through the PHC network. It works great. Everything is going very well. I've completed unpacking and setting up my desk.


Galen Thorp, the RA for my wing, led a short Bible study for those of us here last night. It was very encouraging and inspiring.  This morning we had chapel and then computer orientation. After lunch we took the math proficiency exam, which I could not complete (as expected). This afternoon I have library orientation and academic orientation.


There's so much that I could say right now. I'm trying to get used to living here, but so far it is wonderful. The weather is a bit warm, however, and very humid. :( So much for leaving the heat... Anyway, my roommates are great; everyone I've met has been great. The food is OK because they have enough variety for me to find something I like. So I'm trying to prepare myself for school starting Monday. But I'm really looking forward to this semester.

No comments: