Friday, April 18, 2003

"We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin." (Romans 6:6). Today I ponder the involvement I had in the death of Christ. His death took the penalty for my sin and in a completely real sense, His death was my death. My old self died on that cross. And though I still live in this body of flesh, God considers it dead. Do I contemplate this reality? Do I really believe His Word? Lord, give me the grace to know You more. Help me to understand deeply what it is that You did for me on the cross. It was through that act that Your love and Your justice, Your grace and Your truth, were symphonized beautifully. Thank you for the cross.

4 comments:

GriffinPWA said...

Dear Paul,
Hi!  I just saw that you subscribed - thank you!  Hopefully my missteps, struggles, and triumphs through Christ (The triumphs are though Christ - the missteps and struggles are my unfortunate doing) will draw you closer to Him. 
Nice to meet you!
Sincerely,
Thomas
PS.  Yes, love, justice, grace, truth...and Holiness, too!
Thomas

tpaulshippy said...

Thomas,
It is good to meet you. I remember you from the 2001 WVA Camp in Arizona, but I understand how you would not remember me.
I enjoy reading your weblog. Keep it up!
Paul

GriffinPWA said...

Dear Paul,
Ah!  You're that Paul!  Are you going to be back this Summer?
Sincerely,
Thomas

tpaulshippy said...

Yes, I will be at staff training and staffing at Baylor and NAU.
Paul