Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I want to comment on another topic before everyone thinks all I ever write about is eschatology.


Last night my dad and I went to a meeting for the Family Bible Class (FBC). The FBC is a Sunday school class at Grace Community Church (the church I've attended my entire life) where families worship together on Sunday mornings. The teaching is done by a rotation of fathers with that gift.


Anyway, I am excited about a new teaching series that FBC is starting. It's called "How can God love _____ through me?" Each week a new non-Christian religion or cult will be inserted in the blank. So one week the topic will be "How can God love muslims through me?" And another week "How can God love atheists/humanists through me?" etc. While a general overview of the particular religion/cult will be taught, the focus will be on methods of evangelism.


I am looking forward to this series because of my personal interest in apologetics/evangelism and worldviews. I hope that we learn not only how to defend our faith better but also how to challenge the beliefs of non-Christians in a loving way. Most of all I hope that we will be inspired and emboldened to get out there and engage people in conversations.

No comments: