Monday, July 11, 2005

Call me crazy. I'm learning Python. It's a high-level interpreted programming language named after Monty Python. Why? AOP is building yet another author tool, and the Python guys are putting it together. Since I built the last two author tools (and I'm not very busy) I volunteered to help with the project. I'm excited. This is really the first time I've jumped into the open-source non-MS world. It's scary, but there are some pretty cool features to the language and according to the homepage, Google uses it. It seems to me that whatever Google does is cool, so it must be cool. So it's going to be a mix of VB.NET Windows Forms (I'm still on the SOS 2.0 team) AND Python for the next month.

3 comments:

ladyancilla said...

Allo that sounds great...but makes absolutely no sense

MadamPresidentJ said...

That's not crazy. . . at least, I'm not going to call you crazy; I just would be crazy to try to attempt it myself!  :)

tim4christ17 said...

a programming language named after Monty Python?  Weird....