Monday, July 26, 2004

I just got back from my second swing dancing class. I'm taking them
every Monday night until I go back to PHC on 8/20. My friend John is
teaching, and it is a LOT of fun. There are two classes, a beginner and
an intermediate. While I am a beginner, they need more guys so I stay
for the intermediate class that follows and learn as fast as I can.
That is, they usually need more guys. Tonight there was an
overabundance of guys so I could only watch the intermediate. It's ok
though, because I think I picked up the moves and can practice them
with Naomi. She's not taking the class, but I'm teaching her here at
home. She is a really fast learner and very good at dancing. Anyway, I
had a great time once again this evening, and look forward to learning
and practicing more as the weeks go by. Then I'll have to teach my
friends at school how to swing dance so that they can share my joy in
it. :)

I went to the homeschool convention last weekend and was encouraged and
convicted by RC Sproul Jr.'s talks to make the Lord central in my goals
for life, rather than the god of this world - personal peace and
affluence. He also made a strong biblical case for homeschooling.

Church has been awesome, although I missed it last week because I went
camping with my dad, my nephew, and my nephew's friend. Camping was ok,
but isn't my favorite activity in the world. Naomi has been joining me
at Sovereign Grace, which is cool. She is enjoying it, but won't be
able to go there once I leave unless she can find a ride. Are there any
attenders reading this that drive somewhere in the vicinity of Rural
and Southern on their way?

For the next three weeks, some of my goals are to 1. finish the
Chronicles of Narnia (only one more book to go) and the other books I
am reading, 2. study Latin, 3. see The Bourne Supremacy, 4. see Pride
and Prejudice, 5. study more Latin, 6. grow in my walk with the Lord
through more prayerful Bible study and practical application. There's
more, but I'm not thinking of it right now. I'm really looking forward
to getting back to school, although I'm a bit apprehensive about all
the work I'll have to do. But the learning will be worth it. And the
people will really be worth it.

6 comments:

Cabesa_Roja said...

hey paul - i think there is a group of us planning to go see the bourne supremacy tonight at the mesa grande AMC. you're welcome to join us! (naomi can come too if she wants) i have no idea what time, but probably in the area of 7ish... if you need more details, give me a call at the church office...

Cabesa_Roja said...

the time is 7:30 if you want to join us...

tpaulshippy said...

Thanks for the offer Andrea! Unfortunately, I don't get Xanga comments while at work, so I didn't read this until now. And I had a birthday party for my niece anyway. Oh well. Maybe next time. You can e-mail me at tpaul@shippy.com :)Paul

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul -- have you truly never seen Pride and Prejudice?? Shocking!! Or . . . have you seen it and want to see it again?? Amazing!! :)Jennifer

tpaulshippy said...

No, I've never seen it. This will be the first, but probably not the last time. :)

Rachel924 said...

Swing dancing - how fun! That's something I've been wanting to learn, too.And I haven't seen Pride and Prejudice either.