Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I'm in one of those modes where I don't really want to blog. But I should because I have some interesting things to say.


I started attending Sovereign Grace Church in Gilbert on Sunday. The service was really good and I look forward to getting more involved this summer. I need to do some more study on the spiritual gifts, but I'm getting more comfortable with the way they practice them.


I finished The Four Loves, and really enjoyed the chapters on Friendship and Charity. Wow. It is definitely a must read. I was hit once again by the passage arguing for taking the risk of loving people. There is so much deep truth in that book; I will probably read it again. For the last couple of days, I've been spending my free time practicing the piano and tonight I studied some Latin. Work has been going well. I just got a couple new projects today, so I'm going to be busy enough.


I had a great holiday weekend. Yesterday I saw Shrek 2 with my family, after seeing the first one on Sunday for the first time. I was very impressed with the quality of both the animation, and the stories of these films. They were hilarious too. :) This weekend, my family is going to San Diego so my dad can run a marathon there.


Interesting article arguing for homeschooling from a secular perspective: http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110005109

2 comments:

RachelP said...

Hi Paul! It's good to see you finished the Four Loves. I'm curious, what did you think of Lewis' theology as opposed to Piper's (I'm thinking of that discussion we had at PHC on whether or not our ultimate aim was our own enjoyment)? Hope AWANA camp went well.:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I am reading and enjoying The Four Loves.-Peter Schellhase (Gaithersburg, MD)