Thursday, October 16, 2003

Well, I got an A- on the "Eating Meat" essay in Logic class. Academically, I'm doing pretty well. I have three quizzes tomorrow: in Latin, Biology, and History. Next week will be Logic and Theology midterms as well as a Biology exam. Research and Writing class has gotten a little better because we've started to work on our research paper. I'm writing about intellectual property rights, specifically the legal issues relating to pirating media on the Internet.


When I'm not studying, my friends and I have moved on from just watching movies to making them. My roommate, Daniel, and friend Matt have started a series of short, continuous, dramatic videos called Hitman. I'm one of the main actors, and it's been a lot of fun so far. I'm looking forward to quite a lot of twists in the story as we continue through the semester.


Naomi gave me an early birthday present: 24 Season Two!! Daniel, RJ, Jeremiah and I finished season one a couple of weeks ago, and we just started season two. The third season starts on my birthday (Oct. 28), and I'll definitely be watching. To be completely honest, 24 did inspire Hitman to some extent and Daniel has borrowed from it just a little bit.


Coming up in two weeks is election weekend, which means two days off of school. RJ, Jeremiah, and I applied to work for the RNC in Mississippi on the governor's race there. If we get accepted, the RNC will fly us out and pay all of our expenses while we help out on the campaign. Plus, we can earn a college credit for our major.


Today is Logic and Theology. Tonight is studying for the quizzes tomorrow. Tomorrow night I've been invited over to a local family's house for dinner. They've adopted me and a few other students through their church's "adopt-a-student" program. I'm looking forward to it. Saturday, I am doing ServeAmerica, which is a project to help out the local community. We'll probably also film another Hitman episode this weekend and watch more 24.

2 comments:

PazGL said...

WOOHOO!! Paul is an actor..are you all going to post it online..or when you come home for the holidays will I have to wait for it then:)Tell us more about "Hitman"What is the eating meat essay? Did you actually *GASP* eat meat?Your present..um...will be preseted..when you come to az..although the ecard will arrive shortly;)Your bud,PazPS if you ever want to make a movie when you come down to az..let me know:)

tpaulshippy said...

Yeah, you'll have to wait to see it. I can't really tell you a whole lot except that it involves secret agents and guns. The story is shaped by Daniel as we go.No, I didn't eat meat. The essay is what I posted on Thursday October 9.Later,-Paul