Sunday, October 26, 2003

Last night was the "Hoedown." It is basically an old-fashioned country dancing party held in a barn and is one of the two school-sponsored social events held yearly. So as of Friday, I didn't have a ticket and wasn't going. This was mainly because none of my closest friends here were going. But, for various reasons, Daniel and I decided to buy our tickets and try it out. So your next question is...did Paul dance??? And the answer is: Yes I did, and it was a lot of fun! When Daniel and I arrived early, there were a few people that wanted to learn the Virginia Reel. We joined in and so I learned that one pretty quick. Throughout the night they always explained each dance so that those of us who didn't know what we were doing could join in. We did a lot of dancing in a circle and a few times I got pretty dizzy. It was great exercise though. The only dance I didn't join in on was the waltz, but I want to learn it and try it at some point. I can't wait until the Liberty Ball, and I might even try going to one of the contra dances they hold locally before then.


My Biology exam on Friday went very well. I got my grade on my Theology exam and it was very good. This weekend has been pretty slow on the school side because we don't really have any exams or papers coming up this week. On Monday I'm meeting with my advisor (Dr. Gruenke) to register for the Spring semester. Tuesday is my birthday, of course, and I'm looking forward to the start of 24 Season Three! Speaking of action drama television, we filmed some more Hitman scenes this weekend. I am actually in the next couple of episodes, and there are some really funny parts coming up. Well, I better get to church. We turned our clocks back this morning - what a stupid thing that is! I will admit that it was nice to get an extra hour of sleep. Later...

2 comments:

im_so_confused said...

Hey! I don't remember how I found your site, but I noticed that you're a 24 fan. I love 24 also, and hardly any of my friends watch it!My family is getting ready to watch a couple of episodes of Season Two this evening sometime. Anyway, I just thought I'd comment about our shared fan-ship of 24. Have a great day! Sarah

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the life of Virginia is doing you well. I continue to pray and hope you do well in your studies. My next slate is lined up and starts in hours... ;) That is if I was to stay up and be really committed to doing something. But, since I do it all in my own time as long as my assignments are turned in and done...I'm happy to be preparing for bed. I look forward to more posts in the future...later.D