Sunday, September 14, 2003

Last Monday night, I played ultimate frisbee with my wing against another wing. We lost, but it was a close game. I am really out of shape and after playing non-stop for about an hour I was really worn out. The next day I was fine, but Tuesday evening my body decided to rebel. Clogged sinuses, overall weakness, and a fever came over me which made the next few days miserable. My need for rest overrode my need to study, so I got a little behind. I'm still trying to catch up and still recovering.


Meanwhile, the September 11 anniversary rolled around and the college had a classy memorial service. It included a montage of news footage, speeches by a Congressman and a Pentagon official, patriotic somber music, and candlelight. I was moved to tears and reminded of that dark day two years ago. 


I got my Latin and Biology quiz results back and was happy with my work. I had a quiz in History on Friday that occupied much of my study time on Thursday. It went pretty well; I think I missed one or two questions. Yesterday I worked mainly on Biology, studying for the exam tomorrow. It it proported to be the hardest Bio exam of the semester, and I'm not surprised considering the amount of information we are required to know.


Friday and Saturday night, we watched the CleanFilms version of Gladiator. It was a great film, although the edited DVD was altered to the point that I could discern a loss in quality. I decided to buy the DVD set for the first season of 24, and it arrived late last week. I'm introducing my roommates to this awesome show and probably watching the first episode tonight. I can't wait until season three starts (Oct. 28), it will be a great birthday present I'm sure.


Church was good this afternoon. Pastor Butterfield preached on Joseph out of Genesis 37 and showed how he was a picture of Christ. The message was to forgive others and rejoice when we encounger suffering for righteousness. 


I should go get ready for AWANA this evening. I just realized that I forgot to read the required books for Research & Writing which is at 8am tomorrow morning. Ooops...I guess I'll have to get up early and skim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you like "24"... I never was able to get into that show. Weird considering I love all kinds of police things and so on...Later,D