Tuesday, May 13, 2003

For some reason, I've been finding myself forgetting things lately. Just this morning, I got off the bus at Intel and forgot to take my scooter. (That's the last time I'm setting the scooter behind the back of the chair.) I realized that I had forgotten it right as the bus pulled away, so I ran after it. Even though I stayed right behind it through the Intel parking lot and waved my arms whenever I could see the rear-view mirror, for some reason the driver didn't see me. I guess he wasn't looking for a well-dressed guy with a backpack sprinting behind his bus and waving his arms. Anyway, about halfway to Chandler Blvd, my lungs started reminding me that I am out of shape. But I finally made it, huffing and puffing up to the side door of the bus as he waited at the red light. He let me on and I got my scooter. My heart is still pounding and my lungs are still aching 45 minutes later...


I guess I need the "sound mind" of Titus 2:12 and the "bodily training" which is of "some value" in 1 Timothy 4:8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me I need to work out. *conviction*

D