Wednesday, July 18, 2007

As some of you know, I am going to Bolivia on a missions trip with other members of my church in three weeks. The August 7-17 trip will be my first international missions trip. I'm writing to let you know where I will be and also what I will be doing with the hope that you might pray for me and the trip as a whole. I am very excited that God has called me to this opportunity because I want Him to be glorified in all the nations. He has forgiven my sin and I want to spread His love to those in need of His powerful gospel.

We will be working with the Sovereign Grace church in La Paz doing service projects, street evangelism, and encouraging troubled teens. In addition, we will be ministering to children at an orphanage in a more rural part of Bolivia. I would appreciate your prayers for the following:

- Personal growth in godliness and boldness in evangelism
- Effective and fruitful ministry
- Grace to communicate across the language barrier
- Increased love for people who need to hear the gospel
- Health and safety in the high altitudes and cold of August in the Southern Hemisphere
- Sufficient financial resources

On that last point, I have been personally paying for my expenses so far but would appreciate your help if you can give a small amount. Unfortunately, any donations would not be tax-deductible since they would go directly to me. You can give with a CC online through PayPal to my email address.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

No comments: