Friday, May 27, 2005

I took my sister Naomi to the prom on Wednesday night. It was a fun experience. I felt a little old because most of the people there were high school juniors and seniors. It was also a bit strange that even though it was a homeschool prom put on by Christians, they had a secular DJ who played pop/hip hop/rap stuff. You know, the kind that it's hard to imagine a Christian way to dance to? Anyway, Naomi and I swing danced to most of the songs we didn't know how to dance to, and thankfully they played some other styles including a few swing songs, and some contra dancing ones too. The atmosphere was very elegant, and the food was very good. Naomi, thank you for coming with me. You were beautiful.


Picture: http://tpaulshippy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

ladyancilla said...

Is that your sister? She is very lovely. I am gladc you both had a good time. It is a relief to hear that other college student feel old when faced with a lot of homeschoolers. I thought it was just me....

fairygirl8386 said...

You both looked very nice. I loved her dress.

theBlackPrince said...

Yes, you both look great!  That is a good picture.

Rachel924 said...

Naomi, you look lovely. :)

Rachel924 said...

I guess I should add, you both look very nice. :)