Tuesday, December 28, 2004

By popular demand, I must post something. Hello everyone! I am back at home on Christmas break and enjoying the time with family away from studying. I had a very good semester learning more about what it means to be a godly man in this world and I was encouraged by friendships which continued to develop. I pray that I would accept the responsibility that accompanies these great blessings.


I recently read Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday and enjoyed it very much.  It is such a profound work theologically as it eloquently presents an argument for character-building as the explanation for suffering. It is also an engaging mystery thriller written by a master of the English language. I especially enjoyed the witty dialogue between the characters. My favorite quote is Syme's conclusion: "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good an accident; good is so good, that we feel certain that evil could be explained." How true!

7 comments:

AngelicLimester said...

Popular demand is a good way to describe it! Enjoy the rest of your Christmas break. God bless.

NaomiRuth said...

props for posting along the suffering lines, this is a really good article about pain.

fiatluz said...

mad props for The Man Who Was Thursday.  :)

theBlackPrince said...

Props for being a good roomate... and for posting.

Anonymous said...

G. K. Chesterton is amazing. Good book! Glad to know all is well. Tell your family hi for me. Rachel G.

roseinbloom said...

Glad to see that you're still alive!  The Man Who Was Thursday is amazing.  Chesterton uses such skill in weaving together the spiritual and the psychological, doesn't he? 

Rachel924 said...

Hurray for the Man Who was Thursday!